Group Dog Obedience Classes
This 5 week class is designed to help your puppy learn proper socialization with other puppies and people. You will learn how to stop problem behaviors such as biting and jumping before they develop into troublesome behaviors and learn a few basic commands. Your puppy will learn how to play appropriately with other puppies, people and new objects (toys, balls, etc). You will also receive a problem solving booklet and an outline of weekly homework.
Requirements: Puppies as young as 10* weeks and up to 16 weeks of age at start of class. Any exceptions at discretion of the trainer. See below for vaccine requirements. If you have questions about PK safety and disease exposure, please see our FAQ page or call with specific concerns. All classes are structured with health and safety as a top priority!
- Cost: $75.00
- Start Dates:TBA
This is a 6 week course designed to help you understand your dog and why he or she tries to jump, nip, or pull on the leash (and many more unwanted behaviors). At the same time, your dog will learn why it's not polite to jump, nip or pull on the leash and some good alternative behaviors that will get positive attention from you! Your dog will learn 'sit', 'down', 'stay', 'heel' and 'come' to name a few. You will also receive a problem solving handbook and an outline of weekly homework. Requirements: Puppies and dogs over 5 months of age; any exceptions at the discretion of the trainer. See below for vaccine requirements.
- Cost: $130.00
- Start Date: Saturday, April 8th at 9:00am
This 7 week course is for those of you who want to take your training to the next level! In this class we work on long duration stays, out of sight stays, working off-leash and much more! Upon completion of this course you can opt be tested for the AKC Canine Good Citizen Certification. Requirements: completion of Smart Pups Basic Obedience or recommendation from another trainer. See below for vaccine requirements.
- Cost: $150.00
- Start Date: Saturday, April 8th at 11:30am
Fun and Focus
This 4 week course will focus on strengthening the bond you have with your dog while you both have fun. Tricks and games will be utilized along with basic cues to help your dog learn to focus and use his/her mind. Working together and thinking through puzzles, your dog will finish class better behaved and ready for anything! Requirements: At least 5 months of age at start of class, approval of trainer. See below for vaccine requirements.
- Cost: $90.00
- Start Date: Monday, April 3rd at 5:30pm
All About Recall
This is a 5 week course for anyone who wants to enhance or develop their dog's recall. We focus on starting the recall at a shorter distance without distractions and building up to extended distance recalls with distractions. Doggie parents learn how to get their dogs to listen despite distractions and to initiate a game of chase to strengthen the recall and have fun! In addition to a traditional recall, you wil learn how to train an emergency recall and a 'go out' command. Requirements: At least 5 months of age at start of class, approval of trainer. See below for vaccine requirements.
- Cost: $100.00
- Start Date: Saturday, April 8th at 10:15am
Leash Walking Success
This is a 5 week class that focuses on correct, safe, and fun leash walking. You will learn the difference between Loose Leash Walking and Heel, as well as how to make walks fun for both of you! We will work on walking past distractions, add different commands to the walk and how to keep your dog engaged during a walk. Requirements: At least 5 months of age at start of class, approval of trainer. See below for vaccine requirements.
- Cost: $90.00
- Start Date: TBA
Hounds on The Town
This is a 4 week class which meets at a different location each week. You and your dog will utilize the skills you learned in previous classes, applying them in a real life sutiation with a variety of distractions and of course, your trainer there to help out! Prerequisite: graduation from Smart Pups Advanced Obedience or approval or trainer.
- Cost: $100.00
- Start Date: Tuesday, April 11th at 5:30pm
- All classes require proof of up-to-date vaccines (DHLPP or DHPP, Bordetella, and Rabies) and a negative fecal (within 12 months).
- Puppies in Puppy Kindergarten must have at least one set of DHPP to begin class, a negative fecal (within 6 months); minimum age for starting class is 10 weeks, any exceptions will be at the discretion of the trainer.
- Proof of vaccination and negative fecal must be provided before your dog can enter the classroom. This is for the safety of all dogs and people using the classroom.
- Classes will meet once a week for 50 minutes, with some time before and after for Q&A.
- You must enroll ahead of time and pre-pay for all classes. Please contact Amanda for enrollment forms and to arrange payment.
- All classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Your spot in class is only guaranteed once you are enrolled and have paid the class fee.
- Military Discount (active duty, retired and veterans): 20% off
- Repeat Offender: 20% off a repeat class
- Multiple Pet discount: 10% off when two or more dogs are enrolled
- Package Discount: Enroll in PK, BO and AO at once for a discount and to ensure your dog's spot in each class!