Smart Pups Resources
I have compiled my favorite dog-friendly training equipment, toys, treats, and other goodies in one place. Everything is categorized and you will be able to check my blog for reviews of these and more. By clicking on one of these links, you will be directed to Amazon's website to purchase the item. The cool part is that by using these links, Amazon will give me a small portion of the sale and you will get your new leash/harness/food bowl/toy in no time. There is no extra cost to you!
If you prefer to shop local, give me a call and I will direct you to a small business on the shore that carries the item you want!
Local vets and salons
- McAllister's Vet Clinic
235 Dykes Road,
- Healing Hands Animal Hospital
727 East Main Street,
- Johnson-McKee Animal Hospital
404 Snow Hill Road
- Otter Tail Pet Resort
10257 Francis Street
- South Paw Pet Resort
8004 Burnt Mill Road
- Lucky Dog Pet Salon
400 Snow Hill Road
- Paws n Claws
11934 Ocean Gateway
West Ocean City, MD 21842
On the web
- Smart Pups Blog - Weekly articles on training, behavior, canine development and more!
- Clickertraining.com - Explains methods and history of clicker training in animals, also has links to great toys and other resources!
- Kong - Great interactive toys for your dog!
- Gear4dogs.com - Doggie hiking packs, interactive toys, leashes, collars, etc.
- Zukes - Tasty (all the dogs I've met seem to think so at least!) all-natural, healthy treats for dogs!
- Positively - Great reading from Victoria Stilwell's Expert Blog, featuring world class trainers, behaviorists and Veterinarians
- AVSAB - Position papers put out by the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior on Dominance Theory, Puppy Classes, Punishment in Training and Choosing a Trainer
Articles & studies
- Op-Ed on Canine Neurology
- 2004 Study on the effects of different training methods on dog welfare
- A 2004 study on the fallacy of dominance theory
Common Pet Toxins
Like all Lupine products, these are guaranteed even if your dog chews, so you can return them to the company for a brand new one!
Break Away Collars
Great for multi-pet houses or accident prone dogs
Want to give your dog the same treats I had during our lesson? It's all here!
Keep in mind that you should always supervise your dog with any new toy! Be sure you inspect your dog's toys regularily to ensure it is not dangrous (loosing stuffing, breaking, etc.)